Heat Pump Repair in Southeast Michigan
HOWELL | BRIGHTON | PLYMOUTH | ANN ARBOR | FENTON & SURROUNDING AREAS
For homes that lack natural gas, heat pumps are ideal for providing heating in the winter as well as cooling in the summer. They are efficient, cost-effective, and reliable—though with age they can start developing problems. Parts like the reversing valve, start capacitor, or relays may fail, causing the system to malfunction or shut down completely.
When you need help with your heat pump in Howell, Plymouth, Brighton, or the surrounding areas of Southeast Michigan, trust our team at AAA Service Network. Our expert HVAC service professionals can handle all your heat pump problems, and with our fast, friendly heat pump troubleshooting and repair services, we’ll have your system running properly again in no time!
Is your heat pump malfunctioning? Call AAA Service Network today at (517) 548-5040 or contact us online for quality heat pump repair services in Southeast Michigan. We feature a one-year warranty on all repairs!
Common Heat Pump Troubleshooting Questions
Heat pump problems can range in severity from strange noises to poor heat output or a complete system failure. Here are some of the most common troubleshooting questions we receive at AAA Service Network:
- Why is my heat pump not putting out heat? If your heat pump is not heating or not blowing air at all, make sure your thermostat is working, set correctly, and showing no error codes. If it is operating properly, other causes can include failed relays, a damaged start capacitor, a damaged blower motor, or compressor problems.
- Why is my heat pump blowing cold air? If it is in heating mode and not blowing hot air, the heat pump may be in a defrost cycle to melt ice on the outdoor coil or there may be a problem with the reversing valve.
- At what temperature is a heat pump not effective? Older heat pumps often did not perform efficiently below 40 to 50 degrees. Most modern heat pumps work flawlessly well below freezing, and they incorporate backup electric heat to keep your home comfortable in extreme cold. If your heat pump is not performing well in the cold, there may be a problem, such as dirty coils, low refrigerant, faulty backup heating, or compressor trouble.
- Why is my heat pump making strange noises? Any strange noise may indicate a mechanical problem and the system should be inspected as soon as possible.
- Why is the compressor not turning on? If your thermostat is working correctly, the problem may lie in a failed contactor, start capacitor, relay, or control board. In other cases, the compressor itself may have failed.
No matter the problem, call our team at AAA Service Network for reliable heat pump troubleshooting and repair services. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
Heat Pump Repair in Southeast Michigan
At AAA Service Network, we provide reliable, cost-effective heat pump repair services throughout Southeast Michigan. Our talented, certified professionals can handle any heat pump problem, including:
- Startup problems
- Poor heat output or airflow
- Relay, contactor, capacitor, and control board failures
- Compressor, blower motor, or condenser fan failures
- Refrigerant system or backup heating problems
- Reversing valve failures
We offer emergency service on request, as well as heat pump maintenance services to prevent future problems. For heat pump repairs in Southeast Michigan, call (517) 548-5040 or contact us online to schedule service today!
What You Can Expectwhen you work with us
-Edward Copp, Owner
“ My tank-less Hot Water heater needed maintenance. AAA Service Network was willing to help me out. The whole process was professional and painless...”-Beth Schroeder
Livingston, NE Washtenaw, W Wayne,
SW Oakland and S Genesee Counties
Howell | Brighton | Plymouth | Ann Arbor | Novi | Fenton | Northville
Canton | South Lyon | Pinckney | Hartland | Milford | Whitmore Lake | Dexter
Livingston, NE Washtenaw,
W Wayne, SW Oakland and
S Genesee Counties
Howell | Brighton | Plymouth | Ann Arbor
Novi | Fenton | Northville | Canton
South Lyon | Pinckney | Hartland
Milford | Whitmore Lake | Dexter